Friday 28 February 2014

Media Arts - February 28th (Rhythm)

RHYTHM


Arboreal Engines, Ernesto Caivano 2006, Ink and watercolour on paper

In this work, rhythm is shown by the horizontal lines of the tree. These lines lead your eyes to the silhouette background of what seems to be a building. The colours are simple so I saw the tree branches first, which then lead me to the other part of the painting.


The Starry Night, Vincent van Gogh 1889, Oil on canvas
In this very famous work, rhythm is mostly shown in curved, spiral-like lines, mostly in the sky. The first thing I see in this piece is the spirals in the sky, which leads my eyes to the moon and stars, the I look and the little houses and what looks to be like a forest area. These curved lines are very dominant in this work, as they are shown to be virtually everywhere.


Untitled (Drawing for Inversion), Roxy Paine 2007, Ink on paper
This work is very simple and has a simple monochromatic colour theme, which draws my eyes directly to the tree branches. The branch near the middle of the picture which is darker than the rest leads my eyes down to all the other smaller branches in the bottom, which then I see the person standing in the bottom right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment